HOPKINS CENTER FOR REHABILITATION AND HEALTHCARE
New Positive Employee Confirmed Cases
Notification to Residents, Representatives, and Family Members
To Our Residents and Family Members:
We want to inform you t that at Hopkins Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, to date, 12/12/2020 has 0 new caseof positive COVID-19 amongst our residents and 0 new case of employee. The no. of staff reported to have new onset respiratory symptoms [new set of three or more staff) within a 72-hours is/ are_0_ The no. of residents reported to have new onset respiratory symptoms [new set of three or more residents) within a 72-hours is/ are _0_
The safety and wellbeing of our residents is our top priority. We are doing what we can to limit the spread of COVID-19 within Hopkins Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare including staying in very close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all the appropriate steps under current circumstances.
We are taking steps based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, such as:
- Enhanced infection control precautions (Currently, continuous implementation of transmission based precautionary measures on the 2nd and 5th floor thru October 23rd 2020)
- Screening residents, staff, and essential visitors for expanded list of symptoms
- Restricting visitation and entry of people to the building
- Testing of residents and staff for COVID-19 based on current protocols and availability of tests
- Postponing communal activities
- Enhanced disinfection of resident’s rooms, treatment/ care/work areas and other offices.
- Provision of hand sanitizers and PPEs.
- Periodic rein servicing of staff/ personnel on proper infection control practice.
Due to government privacy requirements, we cannot divulge specific information about the individuals who have confirmed or suspected COVID-19, unless they are your family member and you have the necessary permissions to receive such information. We will contact you directly if your loved one is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
We also understand that connecting with family members is incredibly important to our residents. Family members are encouraged to connect with their loved ones through video chat, calling, texting, or on social media. Should you need any assistance on this matter, you may reach Ms. Marina Filipyev, social worker director at 718- 694 -6700
(Extension 739) or email address: MFilipyev @ hopkinscenter.com
This is a difficult time for everyone. We will continue to provide you with updates. Please know that we are adhering to guidelines from the local and state health departments, which continue to evolve as we learn more about this virus. For more information regarding CDC guidelines we encourage you to visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov
We know that you may have questions and we encourage you to contact our center. Please call us at 718- 694 -6700, or check our website at www.hopkinscenter.com
Stay well and safe.
Hopkins Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare